The remove and substitue functionality allows you to select a user, understand where the user is referenced in the system and choose appropriate actions for the different entries.
- Make sure the user that is going to be deleted is not logged in on iteraplan. Otherwise the user might still be able to make changes after the deletion.
- iTurm is not affected by the remove user process. This needs to be done seperatly.
- The execution duration of the removal process is dependant on the amount of data in iteraplan.
- When removing/substituting a user, everyone logged into iteraplan gets a message to refresh the browser. If this is skipped, there might be some temporary errors.
- It is not possible for a user to delete himself.
Even after completion of the user removal some references to the user might still be present:
- Saved Queries that contained the user in a "Last Modification User"-filter still contain the username after the user removal. This will be part of the next release - until then, please remove them manually.
- Invalid or outdated saved queries, user settings and URL params that reference the user might still contain the username.
- Text attributes values (including the description field) might still contain a user name. You might want to use the full text search to find and eliminate them.
- Log files (e.g. from Tomcat), backups, data base dumps etc. are - of course - also not affected by the removal process. You need to tkae care of them yourself.
- Choose a user
- Identify starts the remove/substitute process
Configure the Remove Process
- Select if you want to remove the user. This can only be selected when each of the entry types in step 2,3 and 4 are either set to substitute or delete.
- Responsibility attributes. See how often a responsibility atribute causes a user reference in attributes, building blocks, history or saved queries content. Choose an appropriate action on the right (None; substitute or delete user from attributes).
This will potentially substitute or remove all user mentions in responsibility attributes.
- Author of. See how often the user is the author of comments, history changes or saved queries. Choose an appropriate action on the right (None; substitute author or delete comments / saved queries).
This will potentially either substitute the author by the chosen user, or permanently remove the comments or saved queries the user created.
- Others. The user can appear in entries of "Last Modification User" or subscriptions. Entries of "Last Modification User" can only be replaced by a "-" character. For subscriptions, its either none, substitute or delete.
- Download a report of the found user entries.
- Execute performs all selected actions.
- Download a report that lists all removed and all remaining user entries.
- Complete brings you back to the choose user step.