The Multi Mode is used to edit attribute values or relations for several elements at once. The multi mode button in the list view toggles the multi mode. Turning on the multi mode will bring up a panel above the list. With this panel values can be selected and then applied to all selected rows. Filtering and quick search are both possible to restrict the number of affected rows. Single rows can be individually deselected, too.
Whenever the tree view mode is active, the multi mode cannot be turned on and vice versa.
- Multi Mode toggle button
- Editor input field
- Actions: Subscribe to selected, Unsubscribe from selected, Delete selected
- Editor apply buttons
- Close Multi Mode
- Select/deselect all rows
- Row selection box
For each column in the list an editor above it is shown. You can add or remove columns while the multi mode is active. If the update of some column is not supported or not possible, the Multi Mode box is shown in gray color. This is the case for read-only fields like Id, Last Modification Time, Last Modification User etc.
The editor input box (2) allows you to enter the property value(s). The look and functionality of the editor depends on the property type. Below the editor input validation messages might be displayed in case some invalid value is entered, like an invalid number format.
The editor apply buttons (4) apply the entered value to rows which are currently visible and selected (6,7). The selected rows have checked boxes to the left of their name. Deselected rows have gray background color.
The apply buttons depend on property type. They might be enabled or disabled depending on the value entered in the editor. Possible buttons are:
- SET - Sets new value. Previous value(s) are overwritten.
- PREPEND - Add the value entered before the current value. In case the resulting text becomes longer than the allowed field length, there will be an error for that row.
- APPEND - Appends the value entered into the editor to the end of the current value. This is possible for text-type fields. The same error as for APPEND may occur.
- CLEAR - Clears the current value. The property must allow blank values (not mandatory attribute).
- ADD - Adds selected value(s) to the set of current values. Available for multivalue enumeration and relation-type properties.
- REMOVE - Removes selected value(s) from the set of current values. Available for multivalue enumeration and relation-type properties.
Multi Mode action buttons (3) are used to subscribe, unsubscribe to the selected building blocks and to mass-delete them.
The select/deselect all checkbox (6) is used to select or deselect all rows in the list. Also the selection of a row can be performed individually for each row with the row selection checkbox (7).
After performing a mass update a summary screen is displayed:
In this screen the user can see the results of mass update action – how many items have been successfully updated and how many failed. The Information about failed elements is displayed in the table and, if necessary, the user can copy this information using the button "Copy to Clipboard". Also the user can change the current selection with the appropriate radio button or just click Continue, which leaves the selection unchanged.
For a large number of elements the mass update may take several minutes to complete. A progress bar will be shown.